"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, November 26, 2013



We were preparing for our family Thanksgiving festivities this afternoon.  Our granddaughter, Rachel, came by to help us set up.  We are having dinner in my basement studio and had to move out my drawing table and move around many brushes, etc.  Rachel set the tables and wrote out place cards for each person.  We are expecting 19 people for dinner.

Now, before you start getting sorry for me having to cook for all these people,  I'm not!!!  All the kids are cooking - my son Rick will stuff and roast the turkey (as he does every year), mash the potatoes, make gravy, and bake the old-fashioned cream pies,  and everyone else is bringing side dishes.  I am making the cranberry relish, the scalloped oysters and the Brussel's sprouts.  Beth is bringing mac and cheese and stewed tomatoes, and rolls; granddaughter Jenny is making sweet potatoes; Marilyn is making the ever-popular green bean casserole and corn pudding.  My brother and sister-in-law are bringing the pumpkin pie!  So - I doubt that we will go hungry.

The best part of the day was spending time with Rachel!  A Thanksgiving tradition now for 3 years!

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a wonderful family tradition! How cool of your granddaughter for her willingness to visit and help out with the preparations!! I've got my three oldest grandkids staying overnight tonight and they will help grandpa put up the tree! Me? Peeling, slicing, dicing. Oh my. Happy Thanksgiving, Barb!!

Barb Sailor said...

Rock is going to vacuum this afternoon while I do my peeling, slicing and dicing! I wish you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving, Sherry! Thank you for being my blogger friend.
Hugs,
Barb

Donna Pierce-Clark said...

Wonderful idea!!

Gonna try this too!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Barb Sailor said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Donna!