"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 25, 2013

Kentucky Cabin

This, my latest painting, was done from a photo from Darren Fisher, The Photography Guy, who has a great page on Facebook.  I am so grateful that he has given me permission to use his pictures as source pictures for my paintings.  Because of a spinal condition (spinal stenosis), I am unable to travel, hike, climb, etc. to take my own pictures.  If it weren't for people like Darren, I would be "up a crick!"

This Kentucky cabin is 10" x 10" and is painted on my new watercolor paper, Acquarello 140 lb., cold-pressed watercolor paper.  I love it.  It takes a lot of abuse and I can get wonderful washes on it.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Absolutely stunning painting, Barb. I just love this and wish I owned this land myself. Gorgeous misty light too.

Anonymous said...

I am intrigued with the peacefulness of this scene and those soft colors. Beautiful.