"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fox Island Adventure

Our painting group, Muses Mix Media, painted en plein aire today at Fox Island at Indian Lake State Park.  It was a lovely day and we had a wonderful time.  It was windy, so we took refuge behind the restroom building, out of the wind.  I was situated under the "women" sign - it was so apropos since we were a group of women painting:)  What fun!  My painting started with an underpainting of burnt sienna which I then painted over with thicker paints.  No knife painting this day!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh Barbara!! Look at these beautiful colors and this gorgeous scene! No surprises here; everything you do is gorgeous!

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

This entire painting is so well-done, but my fav part are those puddle reflections in front of the trees. How cool!

We've had lots of wind this week here, also, so I am glad you found a windbreak. Nice work! Will the paintings the others did be posted on your collective blog? I'll have to check.

Ginny Stiles said...

But you didn't say what media you were painting in...acyrlic? Oil? I am going to be painting en plein air at a garden show next Saturday. Can't wait.