"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, March 3, 2008

Watercolor in the Village

Bosc Pears and Baked Beans
18"x24"
This painting began as an experiment after seeing a painting by Myrna Wacknov in an article about her in Watercolor Magazine. She described a process where she painted on a surface which was gesso stamped with lace. I prepared my painting surface by stamping the wet gesso with pieces of an old curtain given to me by a friend, Rosie Wermert. It was so much fun painting on the gesso, and I was pleased with the results.

1 comment:

cPrentiss said...

I gotta tell ya little sister, you have got it! I really love this painting. I loved it when I saw it on water color passion. I love your blog, keep on truckin' I want more and more and more.
love ya your big sis carolaficxqc