"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Rosie's Peony 2



I finished this painting this week as a lesson for my intermediate watercolor painting class at Riverside Art Center in Wapakoneta, Ohio.  

This painting is approximately 9" x 11" and is painted on 140 lb. Fabriano Artistico cold-pressed watercolor paper.  The greens are all mixed from cadmium yellow and pthalo blue watercolors from Blick.  The pinks are mostly mixed from quinacridone rose violet from Holbein.

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Barb. One of my mom's best friends when I was growing up loved peonies. I loved that lady so much and this reminds me of her.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Sherry! My mother raised peonies and they also remind me of her. They are a beautiful flower.

MYSTELIOS said...

I am very happy to find your very interesting art blog with so beautiful paintings !!!
Have a nice and creative summer day !!!