"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, July 10, 2015

Contemplation




Last week at watercolor class my students didn't finish the "Peggy's Cove" seacoast scene.  Since several of them are unable to make it to class this coming Monday, we decided to finish it next week.
Thus - I had to come up with a lesson for those who will be coming to class.  I thought that maybe a watercolor portrait would be fun since we don't do them all that often. 

This is the painting I worked on today.  I actually took it from a movie I was watching on Netflix - I took a photo of the computer screen on which I was watching the netflix movie - I had stopped the action.  I thought she had such an interesting face.  It is not easy stopping the movie at exactly the spot you want.  I have no idea about copyright  permission on something like this - is isn't really a photograph.  Since I don't want to get into trouble, I'll definitely not show or sell it.

The painting is 8 1/2 x 11" and is painted on 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper.


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Absolutely lovely, Barb! I don't think I've seen you do a portrait all the years I've been following your blog/work. Great highlights on lips and right above them too!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Sherry! I do portraits, but don't post them on my blog - they are usually commissions. Of course, I paint my grandchildren all the time!!! Proud grandmother!