"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Why I Haven't Been Posting...

Just a note to let you know what has been going on with me...
I have had a hard time of it.  It seems that I have inherited my grandfather's  (Mother's father) essential benign tremors with myoclonus jerks and it has absolutely turned my world upside down.  For a while they thought that I had Parkinson's - but thank goodness that is not the case.  What did happen, though, is that I fell 3 times last month due to the jerks because I do not know when they are going to occur.  During one of the the falls, I lacerated my knee - 6 inches long and 1/2 inch deep and had to have 28 stitches in the ER.  I tore muscles in my calf also and my foot and ankle swelled for 3 weeks during which time I was reclining in my recliner trying to keep my leg up.  During this time I became weaker and weaker until finally I had to be admitted to the hospital for weakness and dehydration.  After 3 days I was moved up to transitional care where the physical and occupational therapists worked with me for 2 weeks.  I am getting much stronger and am gradually taking on household chores. They said that I have to use a walker from now on because I have no idea when these things are going to happen. I have done very little painting and the tremors have affected my painting so I guess I am going to get my wish to become a "loose" woman painter.  I jerk at the most inopportune times!  Interesting!!!

Keep "tuned" to this "Station" to see the new Barbara!!!

5 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers for your better health!
I am so sorry to read of your health difficulties.
Painting, styles change. It doesn't matter if its from need or a whim. Paint the way you feel like, explore, have fun!

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh geez, Barb!!! I am so sorry to hear of this health issue! I am hopeful that somehow you will at least be able to determine when the spasms will occur so you can maintain some control of your brush or be sitting if necessary. You are in my thoughts...Feel better!!!

debwardart said...

So sorry to hear all of this. Here's hoping you will find some relief and be able to continue your painting career. Hang in there - you have many supporters wishing you the best.

RH Carpenter said...

I am so sorry to hear about these recurring health issues. Feel better knowing you have so many people praying and wishing you healing. Stay strong and take care of yourself without feeling guilty about not painting - remember, do it if you can and it doesn't cause you harm, but otherwise, just sit and enjoy looking at art, reading about art or artists, etc. :) Big (((HUGS))) for you!

Barb Sailor said...

Thank you all for your encouragement - I appreciate all the wonderful comments.