"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

New England Fishing Village


I finished this painting this evening.  I cropped the scene from a large photograph and just zeroed in on the boat and the grey building.  The things I like best about this painting are the colors. The painting is 11" x 8 1/2" and is painted on Canson's 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper.

I plan to use this as the painting for the class at Riverside Art Center this coming week.

5 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

Wow…this is a knock out. I just love it.
Can't believe it's on Canson. THAT is an "interesting" surface. Very forgiving but I've never had much luck with it. (I love it for Zentangle, however!).
You have done wonders with it!
So relaxing.

Autumn Leaves said...

I think this is stunning, Barb!! Great work on the reflections!

Barb Sailor said...

Ginny - I don't like Canson - but it is cheap and I use it for the paintings I prepare for my classes - I do so many of them throughout the year.

I feel that Canson is in the same category as Strathmore - neither really works for me.

I fell last Wednesday and lacerated my knee (6inches) (28 stitches) and sprained muscles below my knee. Needless to say, I will not be painting in my studio for a while since it is in the basement. Hopefully I will heal fast.

I wish you a lovely trip north! Wish I were going with you!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks so much Sherry!

If you haven't seen much work from me, take a look at the answer above!!!

What a bummer!

RH Carpenter said...

Barb, I had heard about an F1 tornado in northern OH and thought it was close to you - seems like it was not that close and I hope that means you are okay. But I read this and thought, OH NO!! I am so sorry about your fall. I hope you can do something to take your mind off the pain and healing - sending you waves of cooling cobalt blue healing wishes and prayers, my friend. Take care!