"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Blue Door


This painting is from a group of photographs posted by artist Deb Watson on her blog and which she allows artists to paint from.  I always enjoy pictures of entryways - especially colorful ones like this one.  Thanks to Deb Watson for allowing us to use her beautiful photos.

I thought this might make a great lesson for my class at Riverside Art Center, but after all the time it took me to paint it, they may have other ideas!!!  Actually it would not be necessary to paint in individual bricks - just suggest them.

This painting is approximately 12" x 9 " and is painted on 140 lb. cold-pressed Canson watercolor paper using a variety of watercolors from a variety of companies!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

It is a door just like this one that would draw me into any house were I in the market for one. Such charm and character and I've always loved brick houses!

Linda said...

It is beautiful!

Barb Sailor said...

Hi Sherry - I also have always loved houses like this one and this one is very inviting, I agree. Thanks for checking in !!!