"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, April 17, 2015

Spooky White Trees



This is the latest lesson I have prepared for my intermediate watercolor class at Riverside Art Center.  I got my inspiration from a painting I saw on Pinterest, "Shadow Play" by Teresa Ascone.  I drew this myself, but I have to admit that the colors and the concepts were not mine and I will not take credit for them.  I thought that it would make a great lesson, though, especially in the color combinations

.
This painting is 12" x 9" and is painted on Canson 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

It is gorgeous, Barb! Truly stunning color work in those tree trunks and branches.

Barb Sailor said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on this painting - I appreciate it very much!!!