"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Quick Study from Shelby County

 
The spring skies were beautiful over the still empty fields in our area this afternoon.  There were several scattered showers moving through and the sun was behind me, so there was golden light on the trees and the field.  This scene is very typical of the area where I live so this probably explains why I love to paint old barns, trucks, and buildings and why, when I want a change, I go to photos taken elsewhere by friends and websites with photos for artists, like http://www.paintmyphoto.com/.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This beautiful, I love your landscape, the colors you used for the sky represent the time had

Autumn Leaves said...

I love the paint my photo website. This piece is gorgeous, Barb. I think the skies are always magnificent when storms encroach. The light is always amazing too, somehow just making everything pop.

This piece itself is just gorgeous and I so wish I could paint half as well! How are you feeling?

Donna Pierce-Clark said...

Oh, I just love these clouds and the beautiful golden glow of the field!!!!

Barb Sailor said...

Thank you so much, Mayra -I am glad you like this.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks Sherry - I am feeling stronger every day - started therapy on my shoulder and back on Friday - I was really sore yesterday.
I always appreciate your comments - they make me feel so good! :-)

Barb Sailor said...

Hi Donna - don't you just love it when the storm is in the east and the sun in the west and you get that wonderful glow on the land?
Thanks for your comment!!!