"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, January 7, 2012

 
I needed something simple to get my piece for day #7 finished this evening. I looked through my saved pictures and found the photo for this painting. It is one that I had saved from pictures posted by David Richman, a member of Watercolor Workshop. He has been posting such interesting pictures of the southwestern U.S. and Mexico. I loved this picture when I first saw it and thought it would make a nice painting. Once again, I drew this directly by looking at the picture on my laptop computer because I am still unable to get to my studio in the basement to print off a photo to work from. My printer is in the basement studio and my back will still not let me do the stairs. This painting is a watercolor/watercolor pencil composition. I did the watercolor first and then finished it with strokes of watercolor pencil - sort of the frosting on the cake. This is small - 4" x 6" and is painted on 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper. It will eventually be sent to another member of the SWAP group this year in the postcard swap.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really love the way you've handled the shadows, Barb. You've beautifully captured the desert colors too!