"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day #5: Old and Falling Apart

 
As I started this piece, it was going to be a watercolor. The more I worked on it, the more I desired getting out the watercolor pencils - I am spoiled! I LOVE them! I lightly drew this with a #2 pencil and then wet the entire surface of the paper and dropped in burnt sienna, paynes grey, davey's grey, naples yellow and pthalo blue, wet-in-wet. At this point the watercolor pencils started calling to me and before I knew it, there they were - sitting on the table. Soooo - this is a combination watercolor/watercolor pencil painting for day #5 in my quest for 90 works in 90 days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I expected to find a painting of myself with that title! LOL This is fabulous and your instincts were spot on as the effects you've achieved are so nice!

Barb Sailor said...

Yeah - that title would certainly fit me! :)
Thanks for the kind remarks, Sherry - they are very appreciated.