"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Village in Scandinavia

This is perhaps, my favorite of the projects involving the collaging of old paintings. The painting is 7 1/2 " x 11" and is painted on 140 lb. Arches cold-pressed watercolor paper. As in the previous collaged paintings, I applied dark brown acrylic ink with a nib pen on top of the collaged tissue paper. I guess I like this one best because I like these colors so well. I have one more old painting that I collaged with the tissue and I am handling the ink line with a much different approach - I will post it when it is finished...I have mixed emotions about the final one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I FOR ONE LOVE IT.

GRANNY

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Granny! You are my strongest supporter!!!

Autumn Leaves said...

Simply beautiful, Barb. These pieces are just so divine! I love the colors too!

Gillian Mowbray said...

This looks look ethereal and just gorgeous, Barb.
Coincidentally, I've just been re-reading a book I have by Nita Leland and collaging tissue over old watercolours is one of her exercises. You've proved how successful this can be! x