"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Painting For Jenny

Well - to make this painting meaningful, I must explain that I collect elephants - not the real ones! :) I have hundreds of them! My dear granddaughter, Jenny, created a wonderful little elephant mug for me in her ceramic's class in college this year. I treasure it! So - I wanted to share this little gem with everyone so yesterday I painted a picture of it. The painting is small - and is painted on 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper.
Thanks, Jenny - this is for you and I will treasure the elephant forever! Love you!

6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a sweet granddaughter and such a divine mug!

Gillian Mowbray said...

Jenny will be so pleased - you've proved how much her little gift means to you. aw!

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Barb...I live for the day when my precious Aubrey can do something for me that reflects on her understanding of her Grandma and art, as Jenny has done for you with this mug! How precious is this?!

Aubrey is in for a big surprise soon, her little brother is due to make an appearance any time now, so we will see how that suits Miss Bossy Pants!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Sherry - I certainly agree!

Barb Sailor said...

Gillian - I plan to give Jenny the painting because I have the real thing! Yeah...I am truly touched by her artistic efforts!!! She is a wonderful young woman.

Barb Sailor said...

Susan - your Aubrey adores her grandmother already! :)It is only a matter of time before you receive your "muh!" ...
Yes - she is in for a culture shock when the new baby arrives...she will absolutely love him, too!