"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Collage With Torn Black Paper Shapes

I have been experimenting with some collage techniques from a book my friend Rosie brought to our Thursday afternoon painting session last week. This particular project uses torn black paper shapes, torn white tissue, and torn shapes from the inner lining of a sheet of Bounty paper towels all collaged to a piece of mat board with acrylic matte medium. After it dried, I painted with watercolors - yellow ochre and burnt sienna with accents of white gesso. I found this to be an interesting process.

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Rather a neat effect and reminds me for some reason of Picasso!

Unknown said...

That's incredible! What a great way to spend the afternoon! Creating something so stunning! I want to try that!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Sherry...I think it is a neat effect also - I will probably do it again taking more time to organize the first black shapes into a better compositional form.

Barb Sailor said...

Katherine...we are so blessed to be able to create something like this during our afternoons! You will not regret trying this and the texture from the inner layer of the Bounty towels is amazing - you will love it! Thanks for commenting!!!