"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, April 1, 2011

Using a High Horizon Line in a Horizontal Composition

I went back to the book, "Celebrate Your Creative Self!" This particular exercise was designed to teach the composition using a high horizon line in horizontal format. I decided to use a chip of illustration board which is 8 1/2" x 4 1/2", and a limited palette of burnt sienna, ultramarine blue, sepia and touches of alizarin crimson.

This afternoon I prepared a demo sheet on the rose succulent painting which I sent out to the Watercolor Workshop Yahoo group.

6 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

Thank you for sharing your worksheet!

Unknown said...

I so admire you for the way you are growing as an artist! I love the light shining on the plant. I would love to learn all the things you are learning!

Barb Sailor said...

Thank you Vicki - I hope it gives enough information - I couldn't actually film the pouring because I didn't have time to stop and take pictures and I was alone.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks so much Katherine!

debwardart said...

Barb, seems we paint in a very similar fashion - thanks for sharing your technique, and your beautiful painting.

Barb Sailor said...

Deb...I agree - our styles are very similar! That's great! Huh? :)
I enjoy your blog - the shoe story was hysterical!