"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Falling Down in the Early Snow

I finished the WIP of the old barn today and have posted the final painting and also the work in progress. Sometimes people like to see the process in creating a painting.

This painting is 9" x 12" and is painted on 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper. I used indian red, dragon's blood, payne's grey and sepia in the barn, and antwerp blue for the sky and the snow.

I consider this part of my "snow" series, but it is actually the painting that I am teaching my class this coming Monday evening

3 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Good job, Barb.

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh! Old barn paintings are some of my favorite subjects and this is again beautiful, Barb.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks for commenting Studio and Autumn Leaves! They are always appreciated. I love old barns too and barns are rapidly disappearing from the landscape - so sad.