"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 15, 2010

"Jane's Tulips" and the Riverside Arts Center Watercolor Class


The painting above is the example I painted of tulips for my intermediate watercolor class at Riverside Arts Center.  The second picture shows my students and their versions of the tulips. They did a wonderful job on a difficult subject. They will have to finish them on their own since they were not completed tonight and tonight was the last class of the fall session.  We will begin again in the new year.  I did the original painting from a photograph taken by Jane James, a member of the Watercolor Workshop Yahoo group.  She graciously offered me the use of it and it is truly lovely.  Thank you, Jane.
The original painting is approximately 12" x 9" and is painted on 140 lb. Arches cold-pressed watercolor paper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tulip painting is beautiful! I love that you showed the students paintings. It is a great example of how watercolors are so different for each person's style.

Barb Sailor said...

Karsten, Yes - it is amazing how a group of painters can start out with the same subject and end up with totally different paintings. It just goes to prove what you have said - everyone has their own style and at my advanced age I have found that one's style stays with you all your life and it is almost completely impossible to change it. Thank goodness it can be improved!!! (smile!)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that! That is very cool. ^_^