"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Along the Marietta Riverwalk

This is the oil painting I started en plein air in Marietta last month. It has taken me some time to get back to it and to do the final tweaking of details.  What a lovely afternoon painting and visiting with my beautiful granddaughter, Jenny, who is a senior at Marietta College. The weather was perfect and the light divine.  The painting is 11"x14" and is painted on a canvas panel.

3 comments:

jgr said...

I love that painting! Is it Marietta Ohio?

Barb Sailor said...

Hi jgr...yes- it is Marietta, Ohio. The Ohio River was on my right, the Muskingum River at my back - as was the confluence of the two ... a beautiful, historical place - the first settlement in Ohio. There is lots to paint there.

Mary Paquet said...

Barbara, what a lovely piece. You are so accomplished in multiple media. I like the light and shadow.