"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 30, 2009

Waterlily and Shadows


Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends. We were blessed to have the whole family here, in addition to my brother Tim and wife Peg from Cleveland for the weekend. We had a great weekend, but no time to post on my blogs.
This is a painting I recently completed for the class I was teaching at the Riverside Arts Center in Wapakoneta, Ohio. It is 1/4 sheet of Arches 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper with an assortment of different brands of watercolors. This was NOT a popular project for the class - it caused a lot of anxiety and frustration - for that I apologize to my students. That is the last thing I wanted to accomplish. I guess, to me, it looked a lot easier than it was. I agree that it wasn't as easy as it first appeared. The source of this painting was a Wet Canvas photo.

8 comments:

Cori Lynn Berg said...

I love the repetition of shapes in this, Barbara.

Margaret Ann said...

I think it is beautiful...great color! .... I am also in love with your Danish in the previous post! YUM! :)

Barb Sailor said...

Cori...Thanks for commenting and for following my blog. It is interesting that you picked up on the repetition of shapes because that is what attracted me to the picture to begin with. When I painted it, I attempted to let my strokes follow those shapes in the shadows and water.

Barb Sailor said...

Margaret Ann....Thanks for the kind comments - the colors are muted in the lily pads so hopefully the reds in the flowers will have impact. The danish WAS delicious!

Anonymous said...

beautiful..!!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Robin!
Thanks for visiting my blog.

prashant said...

think it is beautiful...great color

Work from home India

kanishk said...

I am also in love with your Danish in the previous post!
kobe beef burger