"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, July 17, 2009

Seated Impressionist Lady ...Watercolor Sketch

I have been, for the last few days, working on a large (full sheet) poured watercolor. It is taking quite a while, so I thought I would post some watercolor sketches I did some time ago. This particular painting is 5" x 7" and is watercolor and graphite. It was painted on a wet-in-wet background on 140 lb. Arches, Cold-pressed watercolor paper. It is from a drawing I did in a life-drawing class from a live model.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

This is so beautiful! Oh to have an iota of this talent. I think I need classes again. Drawing first, watercolors second. I shall have to check into that. I love this piece and look forward to seeing your next work!

RH Carpenter said...

Very moody, soft, romantic. Beautifully painted. Looking forward to the full page painting, too.