"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, July 20, 2009

Hydrangea Greeting Card

I am still busy finishing my latest poured painting and house cleaning. I did two more cupboards this weekend - I am getting there, finally! So...I am posting today a picture of a greeting card I completed several years ago. The flowers themselves were done wet-in-wet and defined with negative painting. I also painted around the veins in the leaves - another example of negative painting. This painting is 5" x 7" and is painted on 140 lb. Arches cold-pressed watercolor paper.

3 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

This is so good ... I've tried these smaller blossoms, hydrangea, geraniums, and I know theres a right way and a wrong way. Well, I always do it the wrong way. This makes me want to try again. Thanks for the sharing! love your poured and graphite painting .
BJ

Barb Sailor said...

Barbra joan, thanks for commenting on the hydrangea card. I am so glad you liked it.

Autumn Leaves said...

I so love hydrangeas!