"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hydrangea #2

This is the latest painting from the class I am teaching at the Riverside Arts Center. I decided the first hydrangea painting was much too tight and busy. This one is a little less tight and much less busy. I painted this along with the class last Monday night. This week they want to do lilacs. I did a lilac painting this week and it was an absolute disaster. I have some work to do before this Monday night rolls around:) This painting was painted on a 9"x12" Arches watercolor block (140 lb./cold-pressed.)

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

Lovely colors in this one, Barb. The only decent lilac I ever did, I splattered miskit and then a pale violet, then splattered more miskit and then a medium violet-blue, then more miskit until, when I removed the misket, I had some nice looking lilacs! ha ha