"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, May 14, 2009



These two images were painted for the Watercolor Workshop's May projects. The first painting, the urang, was painted from a photograph by a friend, Debra Holmes, a painter and photographer who lives in Florida. She graciously allows me to use her pictures as sources for my paintings. The second painting is from a photo provided by Gina Hall on Watercolor Workshop and is a Kudu-antelope. This is the photo that all will paint from for the project this month. Both animals were a lot of fun to paint, especially since I seldom paint animals and found that I really did enjoy this. They are both on Arches 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper.

3 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

I think that you should paint more animals because you were able to capture a personality/feeling with them.

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Barb...these are just great and, while you don't usually paint animals, I think you are on to something with these; you definitely have created a thing of beauty and charm with these two! They are speaking to me.

Barb Sailor said...

Vicki and Susan,
Thanks so much for your comments. I will have to say that I enjoyed painting them both...lots more than I expected. My grandson is in love with the orangutan.
Barb