I finished this painting this week ... it is a picture of my son Rick's work boots and is painted on a full sheet of Arches 140 lb. hot-pressed watercolor paper. I used liquid watercolors to pour the background on wet paper. Then I painted the boots, and then finished by working back in to the background by sponging more color (brown/violet) on the bottom, going over it with a 2" wash brush and then adding the brown/violet paint and yellow to the background (which caused the poured background colors to lift/run/bloom.) I also spattered the dark violet/brown on the damp areas in the bottom of the painting and sprayed clear water over the background at the top. I used indian yellow, violet, blue-violet and paynes gray for my palette and did have to touch up some parts of the shoe laces with gouache where I accidently painted over them. Overall, I was happy with the results.