"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Oil Painting Again


A good friend of mine, Michelle, is into plein air painting right now, so I thought Iwould try some plein air oil painting indoors (since it is snowing outside) - a true oxymoron. For my painting I chose a photograph taken by a cyber-friend Susan Roper. She is an excellent watercolor artist who lives in Arizona and has taken the most beautiful photos in many different locations. This particular subject was in Moab, Utah. I found that it is much more difficult to photograph oil paintings because of the shiny glare, so I could not really get a good copy of the painting. It was fun working in oils again - it has been several years since I did that! As you can see, I am attempting to paint loosely which is difficult for me since I am the queen of "tight!" Well - I'll keep trying! Check out Susan's blog:http://wcbysusanroper.blogspot.com. You will love it!

2 comments:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Gracious, Barb! Thanks for the kudos and I am honored that you chose one of my photos for your "plein air" session. This blog community is just the best!

Barb Sailor said...

Susan,
You are so generous with your helpful comments, talent and your photographs and you deserve many, many kudos.
Barb