"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, August 22, 2008

Watercolor Workshop Projects

Someone brought this fact to my attention - the legs of the herons and egrets do not bend forward - they bend backwards! Soooooooooo - I reworked that area and here is the reworked painting. I promise that this is the last rework for this painting. I am TIRED of it!
"Cool Water"(15"x11") I had finished this painting last week but the more I looked at it the more it bothered me so this week I reworked it. I added the egret and bumped up the colors of the water around it so that it would show up. I put several glazes of watercolor over it until I thought it was deep enough. This painting was done for the Watercolor Workshop August project where everyone paints from the same photograph. This was a WetCanvas photo provided by Gina Hall. The other August project is "waterfalls" and you can do a painting of any waterfall. I have been working on it and hope to have it finished soon.

1 comment:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Go Mr. Clean Magic Eraser! This is a seamless reattachment of Mr. Heron's legs, properly bent now. Nice job and I think you can move on with satisfaction now.