"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Watercolor in the Village

"Zucchini"
12" X 12"Well, almost a month has passed since my last posting. There has been a lot going on here during that time. I made a graduation quilt for my grandson, Adam and he graduated from high school on May 25. My grandson Matt is now flying for American Airlines out of Chicago, granddaughter Jennifer is home from her first year at Marietta College, and 6 year old granddaughter Rachel is now riding her bicycle without training wheels. Time Flies!
This painting I posted tonight was done for the Watercolor Workshop for their June Project. Just finished it last evening and posted it in their project files. I used a 12"x12" scrap of old Strathmore, 80 lb. watercolor paper, (which in my opinion is very hard to paint on with watercolor paint), so this painting represents several hours of wrestling with both the watercolor and the paper. Oh well! I learned my lesson!

No comments: