"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Watercolor in the Village

"Old Rusty Truck"
11" x 15" I painted this old truck in response to the April project on Watercolor Workshop, which was to paint something rusty. Since I love to paint old trucks, this project was right 'down my alley!' I painted it from a photograph my sister-in-law Peggy took in Bay Village, Ohio. She took several photographs from different angles and there is a very good chance that you will see this truck again in one of my paintings. The truck is from the photograph, the background is generic. Actually, the truck is near an old filling station, I think. My family is always on the lookout for old trucks. My brother, Tim, Peggy's husband sent me a lot of pictures he and Peggy took in Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and Iowa - a real goldmine of old truck pictures. There is one particularly interesting picture of an old junkyard in Colorado - Old Jules - which I am anxious to start this summer.
Tomorrow I set up my one-man show (14 paintings) at The Meeting Place on Market in Lima, Ohio. It will be on display until May 29. I am very excited at "hitting the big time!" Tee Hee! Seriously, I am thrilled to have this opportunity to get exposue for my art in a larger community. This is a first! I will post pictures tomorrow!

No comments: