"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, April 25, 2008

Watercolor in the Village

"Living Water" In 2002 a friend asked me to do a drawing for her of Christ's hands with 'living water" falling out of them. She wanted it as a gift for her pastor who had touched her heart with a sermon about 'living water.' I asked my husband to model the hands for me, and I had to imagine the water because, of course, the water would not stay in his hands. This drawing is the result. It is graphite on illustration board.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Your living water drawing is breathtaking. The best of luck to you. Your style is warm. Your pictures are ones I can lose myself in. Thanks for displaying your work in your blog!

Alise Belcher said...

Hi there! I just thought I would drop you a line to let you know that I have used this in a photomanip/composition for my friend Mike. He'd like to get a tattoo of the design, I hope that's alright! I just want to do the right thing and let you know that this beautiful drawing of yours is going to be used in a loving manner.
You can view the image here:
http://two-players.deviantart.com/art/Ingrid-Hands-Presentation-352580530?ga_submit_new=10%253A1360078162