"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Lemonade Pitcher with Bosc Pears


This is the latest  project painting that I have prepared for my watercolor class at Riverside Art Center in Wapakoneta, Ohio.  The subject is a lemonade pitcher which my husband and I bought several years ago in West Virginia along with 6 hand thrown clay cups. I added 2 Bosc pears to the still life before photographing.  The painting is approx 9" x 12" and is transparent watercolor with black acrylic background.  It is painted on 140 lb. Fabriano Artistico cold-pressed watercolor paper.

3 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Such a lucky class. All your projects are wonderful. I love this still life.

Barb Sailor said...

Thank you so much, Christiane!!!

Ginny Stiles said...

OMgosh Barb…this is a HONEY.
Did you put the texture dots on the pitcher one at a time? It looks too perfect to be a splatter.
The use of the black acrylic is a knock-out idea!
congrats on this one!