"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, March 27, 2015

The Old Man


I created this painting as the lesson for my next intermediate watercolor class at Riverside Art Center in Wapakoneta, Ohio.  This is done mostly from my mind, and I used a limited palette of Dragon's Blood, Payne's Grey and green.  The detailing was done by dipping the end of a kabob holder in the payne's grey into wet paint. The colors were added first wet-in-wet forming the face and then the detailing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love the softness, yet such intensity.
Stay inspired!

Autumn Leaves said...

Absolutely phenomenal work, Barb. His eyes are standout and I love the life lines in his face!

Sadami said...

Hi, Barb, very impressive work! Cheers, Sadami

Barb Sailor said...

Michelle - thank you so much for your encouraging comment and thanks for visiting my blog!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Sherry - I am happy with his eyes, too.

Barb Sailor said...

Hi Sadami, Thank you for your lovely comment and for visiting my blog!