"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, October 20, 2014

Crashing Waves


This painting of crashing waves will be the lesson for next weeks class at Riverside Arts Center.  It is from the EmptyEasel.com web site - from a tutorial on painting moving water. 

This painting is 5 inches by 9 inches and is a mixed media piece which also incorporated white crayon in watercolor crayon resist.  It is painted on 140 lb. Canson cold-pressed watercolor paper.

5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I love blues and greens together!

bmlilith60 said...

I like the composition of this painting. The waves do look like they are moving.

Barb Sailor said...

So do I Sherry - I have always loved that combination of related colors.

Barb Sailor said...

J.L. - Since I used a tutorial for this project from EmptyEasel.com - I can't take credit for the composition - only the way it was painted. I don't normally do this since I like to do the creative process from beginning to end, but I was in a hurry to do this. I do think that it turned out well, though.

Keto Recipes said...

Good readingg your post