"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, June 6, 2014

Moo Bossies!

I have always wanted to paint portrait of a cow!  So - here is my first cow portrait painting.  It is a painting of a Hereford cow...my friend, Rose, who used to have them on her farm when she was a child, always called them "Moo Bossies!"  She says she thinks this one is "with calf child!"

This painting is 9" x 9" square and is painted on 140 lb. Acquarello cold-pressed watercolor paper.  This will be a lesson for my intermediate watercolor class at Riverside Art Center in Wapakoneta, Ohio.

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Cows have always struck me as being so docile and gentle. I do not know how true that is, but you've captured that spirit in this beauty, Barb. Love the texture in her forehead!

Barb Sailor said...

I agree with you about the gentleness of cows - I have always felt that about them. Thanks for your positive comments.

Anonymous said...

Excellent!