"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Dave's Colorado Truck


This is another painting I have prepared for my class at Riverside Arts Center in Wapakoneta, Ohio.  The painting is 10" x 13" and is painted on 140 lb. cold-pressed Acquarello watercolor paper.  

This is from a photograph taken by Dave McNeal, one of my  long time painters at the arts center.  He and his wife Jane took it in Colorado last year and sent it to me because they know how I love to paint vintage trucks.  I really appreciate it when my friends send me pictures of vintage trucks!!!  Thanks, Dave and Jane.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Ooh, I do love how you handled the background here, Barb. It looks amazing. I am thinking that truck still gets driven since it has a plow in the front and lives in CO.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks! I thought the same thing about it being driven, Sherry - and the wheels are in pretty good shape!