"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Grandpa's Pride and Joy!

I have started another painting of antique/vintage cars.  I finished drawing this today and then applied some masking fluid over the areas of chrome and light that I wanted to preserve.  Now I can paint freely and without fear of losing my lightest areas.  I am going to apply my paint wet-into-wet loosely and pray (like I always do) that it works out!  I just want my blog followers to know that I am still working (since I haven't posted in 10 days) - that I haven't fallen into the great abyss of old, tired artists!  (Just almost!!!) 

This painting is 8" x 18" and is drawn on 140 lb. Acquerello cold-pressed watercolor paper. It is from a photograph taken by my dear friend, and professional photographer, Pamela Baker (www.bakercreekdesigns.com).  Thanks, Pam!

2 comments:

debwardart said...

Love old cars - the one closest to us is an Old Chevy like MY grandfather had - his was green. Will look forward to seing this one completed.

Barb Sailor said...

I love old cars also - my aunt had a green one also...I got to drive it because I spent some summers with her in the early 50's. These were certainly works of "art" in their own ways.