"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, August 19, 2013

"Where's Ollie?"

This is another painting for our show in October - the show where I am doing my interpretations of Pamela's photographs.  This scary little painting is of an old truck which has a tree growing through it and a cement sculpture of Stan Laurel from "Laurel and Hardy!"  What it is doing in this abandoned truck, we'll never know, but it adds a sort of eerie feel to this painting.
The painting is 9" x 12" and is painted on 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh I do love this one, Barb. And I especially love the idea that someone put a Stan Laurel statue inside of it. Whimsical and ghostly at the same time. And what a fabulous vehicle!!

Barb Sailor said...

I thought this was a fascinating photo - ghostly, as you say! Someone had a sense of humor, didn't they?