"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Greg's Beauties


A friend of mine, and mother of a former student (I had 20+ years ago,) commissioned these "kitty" portraits for him for a Christmas gift this last Christmas. I didn't really have good photos to work from, but I did like the fact that the two cats were in similar positions. She framed them beautifully and they now hang in his apartment in New York City! He Loved them.

I didn't work for a lot of detail, but tried to catch the attitude of the cats - especially the upper picture, where she barely had her eyes open and was watching the camera very suspiciously.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love cats and I have one. These are beautiful I really like.
The expression on his face is what I like!!.

Autumn Leaves said...

Fabulous cat paintings, Barb! I have 3 cats and recognize the poses and the facial expressions easily. What a fabulous gift and how cool that you are friends with one of your ex-student's moms. (Oy...that grammar!)

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Mayra...I tried to catch the feelings of cats rather than photographic realism - Thanks so much for your comment.

Barb Sailor said...

Sherry - aren't cats wonderful? I really enjoyed doing these portraits. I was really happy when I was asked to do these paintings because I was close to the student when he was in school...of course he is now in his late 30's - my how time flies.