"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 29: 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Well, here we are at day 29 - one more to go!
In today's work I went back to my first favorite painting subject - that of painting vintage trucks.  This painting portrays the front of a 1938 Chevy pick-up truck.  I am partial to the 1938 trucks since that is the year I was born. (smile!)

This painting is done on 100 lb. printmaking paper and is 6"x10".  It is painted in transparent watercolor.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a great job on the chrome! My dad was born at the end of '37 and I so miss him. I think he rather favored the muscle cars but I've always loved these old models myself.

Barb Sailor said...

Sherry - Your father and I would be very close to the same age - we would remember the same music, styles, etc. I am so sorry he is not with you. I was close to my father also - his love was unconditional - that is so wonderful.