"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 25: 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Day 25:  This is a transparent watercolor loosely based on a photograph from the Paint My Picture website - I have taken many liberties and have not really tried to do this as a realistic portrait, but to depict emotion and feeling not really in the original photograph.
This painting  is 9" x 7" and  is painted on 120 lb. printmaking paper in two colors - sepia and burnt sienna.

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

This is a gorgeous portrait, Barb!

Donna Pierce-Clark said...

Barbara, you continue to wow me.

The use of these two colors is just beautiful together.

And, you certainly nailed emotion!!

Barb Sailor said...

Sherry - Thank you very much!

Barb Sailor said...

Donna - Thank you so much for the nice comments. I see that you are going to have a series of portrait classes at Hayner...if I live closer, I'd come!
Hope the shingles are all gone!!!
Love ya!