"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, October 26, 2012

At the Garden Gate

This is the daily painting for yesterday and today - couldn't finish it last night - had to pass out Halloween treats! So much fun seeing all the cute little children in their costumes. You could definitely tell that princesses were in vogue for the little girls and Power Rangers were the popular ones for the boys.

This picture is one I found on the internet - it was royalty free - but since I don't intend to sell or show it, I don't think that factor comes into the picture for me. I painted it for the experience because I was trying out a new paper. This paper is hot-pressed printmaking paper from Rives BFK. It is very workable and takes a lot of abuse. I think I like the paper and am anxious to try some portraits on it. It is printmaking paper but has other uses.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Barb, it is beautiful! I so love this homey type of gate/fenching. I wanted to have just the same at my house. Hasn't happened yet, alas, but I'm still hoping.

Christiane Kingsley said...

This is such an inviting painting. I want to go into that garden! Beautifully painted as always.