"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Trees and Cliffs, Collaged and Painted

The watermedia class projects continue on...this was the project for last Tuesday afternoon.  The concept for this project came from the book, "The New Spirit Of Watercolor" by Mike Ward and the painting "This Good Earth" by Carole Barnes.  I did my own composition, but the concept is hers.  The watercolor paper was collaged with tissue paper using mat acrylic medium and then painted in watercolors.  I will post the student work in a coming post.

4 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Oh, I like this! I am looking forward to seeing your students' work.

Autumn Leaves said...

Well done, Barb! You seem to be having so darned much fun. I love how the tissue paper lends to the cragginess of the rocks.

Barb Sailor said...

Christiane - Thanks for your comment - I will probably post them this week.

Barb Sailor said...

Sherry - I also think the tissue paper really contributed to the illusion of rocks - Thanks for your comments - always!