"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Built Ford Tough

Well....YES!  I have painted another old truck!  I know...I am obsessed with them.  This painting of an old Ford truck, was painted as the example for a class I am teaching at Riverside Arts Center in Wapakoneta, Ohio.  Unfortunately, I used an old piece of watercolor paper - Strathmore - which doesn't hold up to the abuse I usually put paper through.  It got pebbles and washy looking right away.  The only redeeming factor was that the subject was an old truck, so it could look abused! :)

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I so love when you do old vehicles, Barb. This is stunning and what an old work horse this truck looks to be. And I must say it looks like you could still drive it off the property!

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Wow Barb!I can see your affinity for old trucks and cars in every one of your paintings of them. This is a wonderful rendering of this one and I love the "stuff" in the back, also. Nice job, as always.

Donna Pierce-Clark said...

I think this is YOUR BEST TRUCK PAINTING EVER!!!