"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Blue Bowl: Day #1


This is day 1 of 90 days of creating a work of art. It may not always be a painting - it may be a drawing, a sketch, colored pencil, watercolor or even oil.
This watercolor pencil painting is 4" x 6" and is a postcard that I have created for the SWAP website where we are sending hand painted postcards to 24 different members during the year. It is painted on 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper with Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils - my favorite brand.
When I designed this card, I was more interested in design and shapes than in realism so as you look at this, think "shapes"!
My news for this week is that my surgery for spinal stenosis has been cancelled at least for 3 months because there is some concern about the blood clots I had in my left lung in September. I can respect the doctors decision and will make the best of a bad situation - go to therapy and take pain pills!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad the doctors are being safe with your health, Barb. I hope you have little issue with hanging in until the surgery can be performed. Love the primary scheme of this one too! As always, a pretty work from Barb Sailor!

Unknown said...

Oh dear, take care of yourself these next few months. I'm sure it was a disappointment to have the surgery cancelled like that. The painting is wonderful! I was thinking how unique the shapes were in this composition before I even read your text! Waiting to see what you post tomorrow on day 2!

Barbra Joan said...

Barb, yes I hear you about the surgery... I am sure it is hard to take , but better safe than sorry.
I too have just learned that surgery is needed on my hip.
Will be doing that very soon..
so ok.. we need a tune up !!
BarbraJoan