"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, June 18, 2011

"Angles Reflected in the Auglaize"

 
I have been participating in a 3 day plein air workshop in Wapakoneta, Ohio, at the Riverside Art Center. It is being led by Chris Leeper, a wonderful artist from the Youngstown, Ohio area. I have been learning so much about painting in plein air. We started yesterday morning and after a wonderful Christopher Leeper demonstration of trees and reflections in the river, we painted on the banks of the Auglaize River. I will post that painting tomorrow. Today, we watched Chris do a demo painting of the "Farmer's Market" beside the river. Afterwards, Chris took some pictures and because bad weather was threatening, he projected one of the pictures he had just taken on the wall inside Riverside Art Center and we all painted from the same scene - in the dry, air-conditioned arts center. Tomorrow we go out in the country to paint.

This is the painting I did this afternoon - it is 8"x8" and is painted on a canvas panel.

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Just beautiful, Barb!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Sherry!

Bobbi Price said...

Oh I love this one with its rich colors.

Barbra Joan said...

Barb, you are so good at this Plein Air painting... I especially like your Angles, and while I'm at it love the cornflower .. Well, you know I'm partial to flowers..
BJ