"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, May 20, 2011

Nebulae

Today, I experimented some more on YUPO paper...like I have mentioned before, it is addicting. I tried the addition of salt and droplets of rubbing alcohol, which has a drastic effect on the paint. Wow! For a while they looked like barnacles and then craters on the moon and finally , to me, outer space...sort of like the photos from the Hubble telescope. I just had to add a little whirlygig for interest! :)

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

The one time I tried salt on a watercolor painting (not on Yupo paper), I ended up having a heck of a time getting the salt crystals off the paper (as they stuck as it dried). I haven't tried alcohol but I just may have to give it a whirl.