"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Twins

I have been busy preparing the lesson for my Monday evening watercolor class today.  As you can see - we are going to paint pears.   These pears are painted on gesso which has been stamped with a texture - rubber shelf liners.  The support is a mat board chip which is 5" x 8".  It is a whole different experience painting on gesso - very similar to YUPO paper.  It is easy to lift the paint back to the white surface and the paint pools on the surface of the gesso.  It is fun and creative!  Try it!!!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I was wondering what painting in watercolor on a gesso canvas was like. Thanks for answering (and I've been wanting to try Yupo paper because it always looks so cool when someone else does it). These pears are gorgeous, Barb, but then that comes as no surprise to me.

irinasztukowski said...

Wow, the painting looks very fluid, alive and pretty good. I am surprised the surface kept the paint so well.
Thank you Barbara for sharing you experience.
Irina