"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, February 11, 2011

Vicki's Roses

Well - I killed 2 birds with one stone today with today's painting. First of all I just managed to complete this painting before the witching hour of 12:00 midnight and secondly I completed one of the Watercolor Workshop projects.  This subject is the February project painting for Watercolor Workshop where the members all paint from the same photo.  The source photo was provided by Vicki Greene.  She has beautiful photographs of her flowers.  This painting is 11" x 8" and is painted on Fabriano Artistico cold-pressed 140 lb. watercolor paper.

8 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

And another amazing beauty in this piece. That vase is especially gorgeous.

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Autumn Leaves! That vase was particularly challenging.

Cori Lynn Berg said...

Barb I loved this so much I shared it on my Saturday Share on my blog! Take a peek:

http://coriberg.blogspot.com/2011/02/saturday-share-blowing-love-in-air.html

Barb Sailor said...

Thank you Cori Lynn...I love your blog - it is so inspirational and "feel good!"

Barbra Joan said...

Hey Barb, now come on ,,we know this is a good one ... this was a journey where the destination was beautiful.. I know , I know we always think of something so you can still hold our hands.
thanks for coming by..

Christiane Kingsley said...

Beautiful, Barb! The vase and its reflection are stunning!

Barb Sailor said...

Barbra Joan - we all need to hold each other's hands - we artists need to support each other - it is part of that creative thing we have going on as artists! We understand each other as others cannot!
Hugs to you!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Christiane - your comments are ALWAYS appreciated!