"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Glow in the Cold Midwinter

This is today's daily creation...a watercolor- 11" x 7" which is painted on 140 lb. cold-pressed watercolor paper.  It is painted entirely in quinacridone gold and antwerp blue.  I floated the gold in first and dried it well and then re-wet the painting and floated in the blue on top, trying not to lift the yellow underneath.  I guess the winter weather is getting to me - I have been in a winter painting mood!   lol

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

This LOOKS cold! But oh so pretty!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks, Autumn Leaves- I am soooo tired of winter, though!

Christiane Kingsley said...

Beautiful! Great color combination!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks,Christiane...I was afraid that all I would get was green - and was very relieved when that didn't happen.